sunnudagur, maí 18, 2008

And now for something completely different: Artwork by WIHO

Work by WIHO
Some people say there's nearly nothing of yourself at your blog - only copy and paste. But my selection makes my blog unique.

I try to post the videos and photographs I made @ gigs of Icelandic artists on the internet on various sources (MySpace TV, YouTube, slide.com) and this blog of course.
For more unique stuff I'm going to post some artwork I hope to make in the future of Icelandic musicians/bands.
@ the end of 2007 I was thinking to post regularly a Black & White drawning of an Icelandic musician or a band à la Poppbókin, í fyrsta sæti written by Jens Kr. Guðmundsson , a book that contains drawnings by Jens himself & Sigurður Valur Sigurðsson. This book was published in 1983 by Aeskan. This booklet focused on bands from the 60s, 70s and early 80s. I'll focus on the 80s, 90s until present.



In the past I made some paintings & drawnings of The Sugarcubes, Björk and Unun. Like this ones:


First one is of a young singer Bryndís Jakobsdóttir aka Dísa who released her Debut Album this week:

Artwork #1: Dísa (Bryndís) (12 x 12 cm)

www.myspace.com/disamusic

Engin ummæli: